The chocolate chip version of these cookies will bring you right back to Grandma’s kitchen. The cinnamon/cranberry version creates the perfect breakfast cookie. Both options are higher in fiber and protein than traditional cookie recipes thanks to the quinoa flour, making these cookies ideal for hikes, road trips, and just plain old office snacking.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 12 min
- Butter, unsalted ¾ cup + 2 tbsp
- Light Brown Sugar, packed ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup + 1 tbsp
- Whole Eggs 3
- Vanilla Extract ½ tbsp
- NorQuin Quinoa Flour 1½ cup
- Kosher Salt ½ tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Cinnamon, ground ½ tbsp
- Rolled Oats 2 cups
- Dried Cranberries ½ cup (Optional Substitute: Use chocolate chips and omit cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Blend flour, oats, cranberries, salt, spices & baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the light brown sugar and butter together until lightened and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture and stir until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, blending on low until incorporated.
- Using a 1oz scoop, drop the cookie dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Cool.