You’re in for a sweet surprise with this gluten-free, vegan brownie recipe that’s free of refined sugar! These brownies are chewy, moist, and are packed with protein and fiber thanks to the quinoa flour in the place of regular all-purpose flour.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup toasted quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (half dark choc chips and half white choc)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Beat together coconut oil and almond butter until creamy. Add sugar, flax eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to wet, mixing until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking pan and press evenly into the pan. Smooth with your hands then bake on the center rack for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan completely before cutting into squares.