Quinoa Seaweed Rolls! New!
Quinoa Seaweed Sushi Roll
Serves: 2 rolls
- 1½ cups NorQuin cooked quinoa
- 1 carrot sliced into thin strips
- 1 cucumber sliced into thin strips
- ½ small avocado, sliced thin
- ½ cup of Seaweed Salad (you can buy it at any store or make your own, recipe below)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 nori wrappers
- Tamari soy sauce with a squeeze of a lime
- Sesame seeds
- Lay a nori on a on a rolling sheet. Spread the quinoa in a thin layer across ? of the nori sheet closest to you (leaving a strip of nori on the end farthest from you).
- Lay on top of the quinoa horizontal strips of cucumber, carrot, avocado, cream cheese and sesame seeds.
- Gently lift the edge of the nori wrap that's closest to you and begin to turn inward and tightly roll toward the opposite end. To seal the wrap, moisten the opposite end and press tightly.
- Using a bread knife, slice the roll into or into small, bite-size pieces starting slicing in the middle of the roll.
- Repeat with the second nori wrap. Serve with dipping sauce Tamari with lime and enjoy!
1 ounce assorted dried seaweed or wakame
1/4 cup shallot, scallion or red onion, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon mirin (or sugar)
1/2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1 pinch cayenne salt, if necessary
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Rinse the seaweed and soak until it has increased 10x in size, about 5 minutes. Gently squeeze to remove excess water. Sort out any hard bits and chop. Put pieces in a bowl.
Toss with the shallot, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin (or sugar), sesame oil, cayenne, and salt (if necessary). Taste and add seasonings as needed. Garnish with sesame seeds.